If this bill becomes law, it would have a major impact on digital marketing as we know it. Apple wouldn’t be able to pre-load applications on its devices. Amazon could not preference its in-house label products over third-party sellers’. Google could not surface its reviews over others in search results.
- Summary of the bill and its potential impact
- How it would impact your search visibility on Google
- How Amazon and Google may pivot to maintain their ecommerce margins
- The impact on applications that on Apple’s App Marketplace
- How companies can evolve digital marketing alongside regulatory changes
Recurring guests and SEO experts Kurt Lambert and Geoff Kerbis join the show to discuss how digital marketing could change as a result.
Read the full bill here, summarized by John in the episode.
Here is Rand Fishkin’s take on the new bill, referenced by Geoff.
Please listen, subscribe, and leave a rating and review!