If email doesn’t drive at least 20% of revenue, you have room to improve your email strategy. There are two big components: acquisition and retention. Unless you’re collecting a user’s email, they may not come back to your website. This first-party data is critical to continuing the conversation with new users and retaining loyal customers. Joe Portsmouth joins the show to share insight about how companies can level up their email marketing strategy. In this conversation we cover:
- The role of email marketing in the modern marketing funnel
- The importance of segmentation and personalization
- Email tactics for retention, cross-sells, and customer feedback
- How copywriting for email is like copywriting for Twitter threads
- How to avoid spam traps and stand out in the inbox
- How acquisition and retention teams can collaborate more effectively
Please listen, subscribe, and leave a rating and review!