Silverback Strategies is a high-performance marketing agency located in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. We take culture seriously. Silverback has won best places to work awards from Ad Age, Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian and The Washington Business Journal.
We’re focused on growth — for our clients, company and staff. We’ve made the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the country each year since 2014. Our success is based on our people, a growing collection of A-plus performers who thrive in our environment.
We have a tight-knit team that’s high-energy, competitive and fun. It’s like working at a startup, minus the uncertainty.
We live by our motto: we’re in this together.
Today, we’re ready to add a Motion Graphics Video Editor to our team.
To apply, please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Here’s what we’ll expect from you:
- You’re an outstanding communicator with proven motion graphics design and creation.
- You have experience working on successful, long-term projects.
- You can juggle multiple projects and create outstanding work on a tight schedule.
- You can take ad-hoc requests and complete them independently.
- Here’s what you’ll do:
- You’ll own all motion graphics and video editing projects and deliver excellent work on deadline.
- You’ll create deliverables by utilizing footage, vector graphics, motion graphics, graphic design, royalty-free music, and audio - either custom or stock - to create content for internal use or clients.
- You’ll provide concepts and ideas to support our creative team.
- You’ll maintain a thorough understanding of cutting-edge motion graphics and video editing trends.
- You’ll participate in client discussions about format, delivery specifications and technical problem-solving.
- You’ll work closely with the Art Director, but you’ll also have the independence to effectively manage your projects.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years experience in a professional video editing setting preferred
- Solid experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe illustrator
- Strong typography
- Create and edit vector animations
- Adhere to existing brand guidelines
- Strength in working with green-screen footage through chroma key compositing
- Animated GIFs, social posts, HTML5 animation is a huge plus
- Eagerness to quickly and independently learn and grow as a motion graphics video editor.
- Someone who is self-motivated!
- Attention to detail, even when working under tight deadlines.
- Time management and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to take constructive criticism without taking it personally.
- A bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communications or relevant major OR equivalent experience.
Annual salary range of $50,000 - $70,000 based on experience and technical capabilities.
Silverback Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. If you believe you meet the qualifications for the position, then we invite you to apply. We celebrate the free flow of conversation, ideas and opinions at Silverback, but actions such as bullying, discrimination, harassment or retaliation of any kind are strictly prohibited in our workplace. We are committed to providing a safe, open and accommodating environment that allows all of our team members to thrive. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, disability, family, genetic information, origin, race, religion, sex. For more information, we invite you to visit eeoc.gov.